In a sentence no one thought would ever be uttered, Woody Allen has wrapped his participation of his first ever Facebook chat. He was interviewed by Bob Weide, director of Woody Allen: A Documentary. The hour long interview is now archived on Woody Allen’s official Facebook page, and you can watch the video below.
IndieWire did a great wrap up of the interview, if you want a more written summary. But there was plenty of talk about:
- Wonder Wheel, his upcoming film which he has just finished
- Revelations about simple effects used in Midnight In Paris and To Rome With Love
- Allen’s disappointment in his own biggest films such as Annie Hall, Manhattan and Hannah And Her Sisters
- His work with distributors over the years
- His band, and his love of New Orleans Jazz
- We get a small shout out. It seems to go over his head.
There wasn’t any big announcements, but it is interesting that it alludes to Allen doing more in the digital space. We will see if any of it eventuates (probably not).