Our latest video pays tribute to Radio Days, the sprawling 1987 film that is one of our personal favourites. It was one of Allen’s most elaborate, most complicated and most expensive films up that point. But how well do you know it?
Our video explores some of our favourite bits of trivia about the film. Including
1. The songs that inspired the film
2. The inspiration of Frederico Fellini‘s Amarcord
3. The story behind The War Of The Worlds scene
4. The story behind the girl in the well
5. Seth Green‘s role
6. Julie Kavner, pre The Simpsons
7. Lots of cameos from Allen’s acting troupe
8. Lots of cameos from the actual golden age of radio
9. That house on Rockaway Beach
10. The beautiful Radio City Music Hall
It’s the 15th in our series exploring our favourite bits of trivia from Allen’s films. With 15, we are around a third of the way through. We prepared the video as we did research for the latest volume for our book series – The Woody Allen Watcher’s Guide. It is the most comprehensive guide to Allen’s films you’ll ever find!
If you like the video, make sure you ‘like’ the video on YouTube! It really helps us out.
Here’s all our videos so far.