‘Magic In the Moonlight‘ is the 44th film written and directed by Woody Allen.
‘Magic In The Moonlight‘ is Allen’s 44th feature film, made in the South of France. Anchored by a great screenplay and some strong performances, the film really dances with its scenery, costumes and overall escapism. It’s a crowd pleaser that lacks the killer wallop of some of Allen’s best work, but it’s a joyous getaway nonetheless.
Colin Firth stars as Stanley, a magician out to debunk a ‘fake’ psychic who has fooled a rich family in the south of France. That psychic is Sophie Baker (Emma Stone) who instead manages to shake Stanley to his core with her powers. But nothing is ever quite what it seems.
‘Magic In the Moonlight’ News Stories (show all)
- START TO FINISH, New Woody Allen Book By Eric Lax, Out Now
- Aug News Bits: Jerry Lewis, Bernie Styles, BBC Best Comedies, Stephen Soderbergh and more
- 5 Films And A TV Show To Watch After Bullets Over Broadway
- Woody Allen Surprises At AFI Tribute To Diane Keaton
- Woody Allen Jazz Band To Play In Spain July 2017
- ‘Magic In the Moonlight‘ was shot in the South of France.