Whenever Woody Allen goes back to the Jazz age, you can pretty much rely on a killer soundtrack. It seems Café Society is no exception, with music playing a huge role in the film. We now have track listing details and release dates.
The track listing for the Café Society soundtrack:
1. Lady is a Tramp
2. Jeepers Creepers
3. Mountain Greenery
4. Have You Met Miss Jones
5. I Didn’t Know What Time It Was (Benny Goodman & His Orchestra)
6. Taxi War Dance (Count Basie & His Orchestra)
7. Zing Went the Strings of My Heart
9. My Romance
10. Pick Yourself Up
11. I Only Have Eyes For You (Ben Selvin)
12. The Peanut Vendor – El Manisero (YeraSon)
13. There’s a Small Hotel
14. Out of Nowhere (John Gill)
15. This Can’t be Love (Conal Fowkes)
It’s a mix of some very famous songs from the era, along with some more obscure ones. It also looks like a mix of existing recordings (such as Benny Goodman and Count Basie), to music recorded just the film (Conal Fowkes – Allen’s regular piano player).
According to Fowkes, he actually recorded 5 tracks for the film, with only two making the soundtrack. It is the third time Fowkes has contributed to four of Allen’s soundtracks since You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger.
The soundtrack will be released by Sony Masterworks on 8th July, a week before it hits limited release in the US.