Play It Again, Sam is the most Woody Allen film that he did not direct. It is perhaps the only must-watch of what we call Allen’s ‘other films’, as he is the star and he wrote both the film (and the stage play before it). A tender story of (then) modern love, it was Allen’s first onscreen appearance that was not slapstick, and an important part of his story.
Allen plays Allan Felix, a recently divorced film critic who is re-entering the dating circuit. On his side are his friend Dick (Tony Roberts) and his wife Linda (Diane Keaton), but while they look at other women, Allan and Linda find that they might have more going in between them.
‘Play It Again Sam’ New Stories (show all)
- Interview With WOODY ALLEN ON SCREEN Author Chris Wade + Heather MacRae
- VOTW: The Woody Allen Special 1969
- Jul News Bits: Jack Davis, Susan E Morse, John Turturro, Viggo Mortensen, Ghostbusters and More
- 5 Films And A TV Show To Watch After Broadway Danny Rose
- Oct News Bits 1: Larry Brezner, Tom Hiddleston, Mayim Bialik, Uber, The Final Girls,