‘Cassandra’s Dream‘ is the 37th film written and directed by Woody Allen.
It marks Woody Allen’s third film in a row in London. It’s another serious morality tale – with not a hint of Allen’s wit on show. Featuring original score, it iss an intense and bizarre film – that ultimately doesn’t work.
Colin Farrell and Ewan McGregor star as Terry and Ian, two brothers with big dreams. Terry is a gambler who is heading for inevitable trouble while Ian is an ambitious social climber. When they both find themselves in desperate need to money, they ask their rich Uncle Howard (Tom Wilkinson) for a favour. But Howard has a favour to ask himself.
‘Cassandra’s Dream’ News Stories (show all)
- Cassandra’s Dream Filming Locations - London, Brighton, Hoo, UK
- WONDER WHEEL Opening Weekend Box Office
- WONDER WHEEL Reviews Round Up, US Red Carpet Cancelled
- 5 Films And A TV Show To Watch After Mighty Aphrodite
- WONDER WHEEL US Release Is December 2017
- Originally, Allen planned to shoot a film in Paris starring David Krumholtz and Michelle Williams. When the funding fell through, he decided to make this film. The Paris project ended up being Midnight In Paris.
- This is the first film of Allen’s since Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex* (*But Were Afraid To Ask) to have an original score. The score was composed by the legendary Philip Glass.
- The story is thematically similar Fyodor Dostoyevsky‘s The Brothers Karamazov.
Locations (show map)
- This was Allen’s third film in a row shot in London.