Wild Man Blues is a documentary about the other side of Woody Allen – the musician.
For decades, Allen has been playing clarinet publicly with various jazz bands. He has a regular Monday night appointment at the Cafe Carlyle in New York and according to him, he practises every day. His love and understanding of music is on show in every movie he makes.
In 1996, Woody Allen and His New Orleans Jazz Band were invited to tour Europe. Documentary maker Barbara Kopple joined the ride and filmed this documentary.
‘Wild Man Blues’ New Stories (show all)
- Woody Allen’s 90s and 00s Films Arrive On Blu-Ray In New Box Set
- May News Bits: Daliah Lavi, Lawrence Silk, Marion Cotillard, Demetri Martin, John Turturro, Hank Azaria and more
- Woody Allen Jazz Band Plays Royal Albert Hall London In July 2017
- Sep News Bits: Allison Pill, George Hamilton, Warren Beatty, Frank Ocean, Michael Shannon, More
- Interview: Woody Allen Film By Film Author Jason Solomons
- Terry Zwigoff was set to direct but ultimately clashed over who got final cut.