‘Oedipus Wrecks‘ is the Woody Allen section of the anthology film New York Stories (the other parts are by Martin Scorsese and Francis Ford Coppola). Running around 40 minutes, it was the last of three short films. It’s feels like a sketch that would exist in one of Allen’s own anthology film – but is little more than that.
Woody Allen stars as Sheldon Mills, a successful partner in a law firm who has a new fiancé (Mia Farrow) and an overly critical mother (Mae Questel). After a typical magic box show, Sheldon’s mother disappears. Sheldon doesn’t know what to make of it, but just as he learns to accept life as it is, his mother returns, in an unexpected way…
- VOTW: Woody Allen Talks September And New York Stories In Film 88 Special
- Café Society Premiere Red Carpet Photos
- Interview: Woody Allen Film By Film Author Jason Solomons
- Aug News Bits 2: Wes Craven, Jeff Goldblum, Mistress America, She's Funny That Way and more
- Legendary Cinematographer Vittorio Storaro Joins Woody Allen's 2016 Film