‘Hollywood Ending‘ is the 32nd film written and directed by Woody Allen.
Another light comedy, Allen returns to Hollywood’s abuse of art as a victim of his barbed wit.
Woody Allen stars as Val Waxman, a director past his prime who is given a second chance by his studio executive ex-wife Ellie (Téa Leoni) to make a new film. Unfortunately he is struck by blindness – but it might not be the problem that ends his career.
‘Hollywood Ending’ News Stories (show all)
- Woody Allen’s 90s and 00s Films Arrive On Blu-Ray In New Box Set
- The Woody Allen Film Guide eBooks are Free For Limited Time Tomorrow
- The Woody Allen Film Guide Volume Two: 1988-2002 is FREE on Kindle
- HOLLYWOOD ENDING Filming Locations - New York, New Jersey, Long Island
- Every Cinematographer from Woody Allen’s Films - Gordon Willis, Carlos Di Palma, Darius Khondji, Vittorio Storaro and More
- Woody Allen Fan Rankings 2017 Results Part 1: You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger (#46)-Everyone Says I Love You (#24)
Cast & Crew
- The first of three films with Allen for Erica Leerhsen. She would go on to appear in Anything Else and Magic In the Moonlight.
- Haskell Wexler was originally slated to be cinematographer, but was fired after a week. He was replaced by Wedigo von Schultzendorff.
- This film, with its famous last line praising the French, opened the 2002 Cannes Film Festival.
Locations (show map)
- Filmed, once again, in New York City.